Saturday, March 07, 2015

March 1975 In Music

Continuing the "tradition" started last year, here's what was happening in music in March 1975.  At least some of what was happening, from my perspective.

 Notable Albums:


 Notable Singles:

Five songs topped the charts during the 5 weeks of March 1975:

  • Best Of My Love - Eagles.   The last of 3 singles from 1974's "On The Border" album, this was their first chart topper.
  • Have You Never Been Mellow - Olivia Newton John.  John's second chart topper in a row on the US charts, following "I Honestly Love You".  Also the first of 4 number ones that John Farrar wrote for her.
  • Black Water - Doobie Brothers.  The last of 3 singles from 1974's "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" album, this was their first chart topper.
  • My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli.  Frankie's first big US hit since the 60's, this started a nice resurgence, with 8x Top 40's and 3x number 1s over 4 years.
  • Lady Marmalade - Labelle. The only Top 40 hit for Patti Labelle between 1962's "I Sold My Heart To The Junkman" (which peaked at 15)  and her1986 hit "New Attitude" (which peaked at 17).

No comments: