Monday, May 18, 2015

Third Time's A Charm??

Above is my second attempt to capture a specific spot I know. This is in Collinsville, IL, just off my daily commute.  Several weeks ago, I shot an image (posted at 365project.org), with a closer version (see below).  But I never really liked it very much.  And one of the commenters provided some constructive criticism, noting"a little more context or a tighter crop might enhance".  After some pondering, and some festering, I had an opportunity to re-shoot.  I went the "more context" route.

I think I lik ethis one better, but it's still far from compelling.  The vignetting was suggested by my son.  He wanted it to be really dramatic, but I think it's a bit too much.

Anyway, comments/thoughts welcome.





1 comment:

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

I haven't visited your blog for a while and by sheer fluke I find the atmosphere of your most recent post is similar (I think) to that of mine for today.

http://tinyurl.com/o3h65pu