Sunday, July 26, 2015

Centennial Cone Park, near Golden, CO

A fun spot I found one afternoon last week...  following "brown signs".  As usual, click on image for larger size.

The image above is from Elk Range Trail, just 200 yard or so from the parking area.
---
The image below is looking down the valley that the Travois Trail follows.  I walked about 1/2 mile down this trail, down to about the center on the photo.  And "down" is the operative word, too.  According to Google earth it's about 200 ft vertical drop.  Which would be quite so brutal if it was't also over 7,500 ft above sea level.  We won't talk about how out of shape I am, either.


----
Another image, about 1/2 way to where I turned around:
---
And I'll finish with a panorama of the scene.  Click for large version:




No comments: