Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Really, Google Maps

So, I'm trying to research a potential trip from St.Louis area to Madison Wisconsin area.  Trying to budget the drive, I went to google maps and entered the cities.  And, along with the driving time, it gives me the time via public transportation.  No matter what I try, it won't clear the public transportation from the display.   Irritates the heck out of me.  I told Google Maps that I'm driving, why do they insist on showing me the undesired (and unasked for) option of public transportation??


If I was paranoid, I'd think they're trying their hand at social engineering.  Predictably, it shows that an easy 5 hr drive turns into a 13 hour ordeal combining 2 hrs of walking (5 separate stages) with stints on City-Buses, Subway and Megabuses.  They don't mention price, but I can only imagine.

No thanks, I'll stick with the drive.  Guess I'm a bad person.

No comments: