Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Old Ways


I've never been particularly good at documenting my workflow.  I have a tendency to poke and tweak, try something, add something else, undo/redo....  Eventually I (sometimes) end up with something I like.  This is one of those cases.  I especially like this, and it has continued to grow on me as I've lived with it over a few days.

Here's the problem:  The only saved version of this file is the one linked here.  That's a 1024 pixel wide version.  I'd really like to take the image (minus the wrap/wall effect) and get a print made....  But my existing file will only support a 5x7 print.  I'd kind of like to see it at an 8x10 or 11x14, maybe even a gallery wrap.  My only option to go larger is to go back to the start, and try to replicate what I did.  Well, as sung by Robert Plant:  "No no nobody's fault but mine"....

Meanwhile, The post title is from the old Neil Young song, from his 1985 "country" album of the same name:

"Lately I've been finding out, I'm set in my ways, Old ways, can be your ball and chain" - Neil Young


No comments: