Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bridgeton Mill #8

(Finally) getting towards the latter portion of of the Indiana Covered Bridge posts.  I took a LOT of photos on that trip, and quite a few I rather like.  Thanks to all for puttin' up with me.

The Bridgeton Covered Bridge was the largest we saw, at 245' span (with 11' on each end).   It is also the newest, built (rebuilt) in 2006, but the 1st covered bridge here seems to have been built in 1968.  
 - - - -

- - - -
I broke out the tripod here (a tool I need to learn to use more often), and tried to get some "blurred water" shots.  Unfortunately, it was drizzing at this point, and I wasn't good enough about keeping the lens dry.  But I got a few shots!

- - - -
spent a bit of time at the mill, chatting with the nice folk.  And we bought some corn meal and grits that they hard ground there.  

- - - -
The mill is electric these days, but they're talking about restoring it.  You can see the water coming out at the bottom left...  


No comments: