Saturday, October 01, 2016

Pleasant Ridge Park - 20160928

Pleasant Ridge Park is a nice little spot that is not far from my work.  It's a pleasant place to get away from the bustle of the day, one of my preferred lunch spots.But it also has some rather cool trails.  Rather "primative" trails, in the sense of being un-improved.  But when the weather is not too hot, and the ground is not too wet, they're perfect.  And last Wednesday was such a day.    The trails go from the groomed area, down into a ravine, where there is a small stream.  Here's some of the photos from last week:

I really like the lines and angles of this dead and decaying tree...  These were pretty high up, once upon a time...
- - -

Clearly, these rocks didn't arrive here naturally...And I doubt they were places by deer or squirrels.   other people must wander this area occasionally.  But I think I've only encountered somebody else in this area once....
- - -

I was in a b&w mood, and this is  the image that made it for me.  I really rather like this one.  Posted over at 365project, it hasn't gotten much attention though.  Sigh.  Oh well, still resonates with me.
- - -

This is teh same jumble of tress as the image above...  but a completely different look and feel...  at least that was the plan...
- - -

Yet another from the same spot.  This one's on Instagram...  I don't post much to Instagram.  It's kind of a hassle if you're not working from a phone...
- - -

 A long shot, showing the trail.  It is pretty flat here, but has some steep sections ch are tricky when wet.  You can see from the stream (on the left) that it was pretty dry...

No comments: