Thursday, December 08, 2016

R.I.P. Greg Lake, 12/07/2016

Well, 2016 is continuing to be a sucky sucky year in music.  I just saw that Greg Lake, bass player for King Crimson and Emerson Lake And Palmer has died (yesterday).  Apparently he's been battling cancer.

From David Bowie to Leon Russell to Keith Emerson to Prince and Glenn Frey...  the list goes on and on (and on).  And other musicians like Mere Haggard and Mose Allison...  Just bad.  I know all of the folk I listened to as a kid are getting old, but it seems like an inordinate number of them have passed in 2016.

sigh....

Emerson Lake and Palmer are near the top of the list of bands I wish I had seen live.  But by the time I was attending concerts (1976), they were pretty well done.  I don't recall them ever playing anywhere near where I lived...  But their 1974 live album remains a favorite, and I'll be listening to it before this post goes live.

No comments: