Monday, September 18, 2017

Arthur, Illinois.

Took a afternoon drive with the wife Saturday, to Arthur Illinois. Arthur is billed as the Heart of Illinois Amish Country, and we've talked about visiting there for many years.  A little over 2 hrs each way, but a nice afternoon for an excursion.  Only a couple of photo keepers, but that's ok, too.  


We saw quite a few buggies on the road, but I wasn't sure what the protocol was about photographing the Amish, so I didn't.  But they did have these fun buggy parking areas behind the main street, and the horse didn't seem to mind me taking a few shots!

I tried to make it kind of "old-timey" looking....

Below is the main street through Arthur (Vine Street).


The plaque on the first building says:
Arthur Lodge
No-742 I.O.O.F.
Instituted 1883

I'm presuming I.O.O.F. is Independent Order of Odd Fellows....  It's the Arthur General Store:


This is someplace we want tp visiti again, probably make a full day of it.

No comments: