Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Welcome To The Future

So...  I was looking at facebook the other day, and saw a post asking for suggestions on "Songs that Reference The Future"...  Serveral good ones suggested, which (naturally) got me thinking.  Here's a few from my collection. 

  • 905 - The Who
  • In The Year 2525 - Zagar and Evans
  • '39 - Queen
  • Living In The Future - John Prine
  • Welcome To The Future - Teaser (this is quite obscure, from a 1980 release from a Pittsburgh Radio Station sponsored album).
  • 100 Years From Now - The Byrds
  • 60 Years On - Elton John ("And the future you're giving me holds nothing for a gun, I've no wish to be living sixty years on")
  • After The Gold Rush - Neil Young
  • Capsule (Hello People 100 Years From Now) - Mike Nesmith
  •  Turn Of The Century - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
What're your favorite "Future" songs?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments: