Thursday, October 05, 2017

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - 2018 Nominees

Well, the RRHOF has announced (October 5, 2017) its nominees for the 2018 class...  Here ya go, with ranked by representation on my iPod.  I'll withhold further commentary for now, please let me know your thoughts in the comments!

So here ya go:

  • Moody Blues: 52 songs
  • Dire Straits: 27 songs
  • The Cars:  21 songs
  • J. Geils Band: 17 songs
  • Bon Jovi:  10 songs
  • Kate Bush:  1 song
  • The Zombies: 3 songs
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Kahn: 2 song
  • Eurythmics: 1 song
  • MC5: 1 song
  • Link Wray: 1 song
  • Depesh Mode: 0 songs
  • Judas Priest: 0 songs
  • LL Cool J: 0 songs
  • The Meters: 0 songs
  • Radiohead:  0 songs
  • Rage Against The Machine: 0 songs
  • Nina Simone: 0 songs
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe: 0 songs

And yes, I know that representation on my iPod doesn't necessarily correlate with validity as a nominee for RRHOF.  But it ought to give you a pretty good idea of my opinions....

And who do I think ought to be nominated?  Here's a quick 3, I can do detaield justifications, if you want.  Again, ranked by songs on my iPod...:

No comments: