Monday, January 29, 2018

52 Week Challenge, Week 3 - In And Out

OK, I'm behind.  At least behind here.

As previously noted, I'm doing a 52 week challenge over at 365project.  I posted (here) for weeks 1 and 2, but forgot week 3.  So today I'll do week 3, and tomorrow week 4.  And I'll beg for forgiveness.

Meanwhile, you can see all my entries here.

The theme for week 3 was Technical: Full Manual.  Not really a good theme for me, I didn't have any sort of automatic capabilities for the first 25-30 years of photography.  While these days  I tend to shoot automatic most of the time (usually aperture mode), I do pay attention to shutter speed / aperture.  And I frequently use funtions like exposure compensation to over-ride the automatic.

That said, I did this one fully on auto:

I wanted lots of depth of field....  and auto exposure would tend to be too dark, overcompensating for all that white snow.  Anyway, there you have it.  Shot full manual (on my compact digital).


No comments: