Saturday, January 13, 2018

Old St. Louis County Courthouse

So, my son had a college interview in downtown St. Louis today.  We dropped him off on the 33rd floor of some tall building, and wandered around for a little.  We ended up at the Old Courthouse, which was pretty close.  We've lived in St. Louis area for 28 years, and I'd never been inside.   


- - -

Pretty cool place, and I managed a few photos that make me happy.  The best (IMHO) is of the rotundra, from the 2nd floor.  Check out full version at 365project.


- - -

Below is a panorama shot taken with my iPhone of the restored courtrooms.  Again, check out full size version at 365:



- - -

And, of course, I had to squeeze in the obligatory b-and-w "artsy" shot:




Anyway, it was a very cool visit, but short.  We need to check it out for real sometime soon.

No comments: