Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Saturday Drive

I labeled this Quilt Shops and Photo Ops (QSPO), but it is really only 1/2 that.  I guess the point is that it was an opportuntiy for the wife and I to do an excursion, hitting the road.  No quilt shops this time, but photo ops....  It all evens out in the end.

So, it was a nice Saturday afternoon, warm after a really cold spell, and my wife wondered if there would be eagles olong the Mississippi River.  So we went and looked.  Drove up the Great River Road, past Pere Marquette, explored a little up there, and drove back.  We didn't see any eagles this time, but had enjoyed the company and the scenery.  It was after 3 before we left, so we were up there for the late day sun (set).  And I managed some shots that I'm happy with.  So here you go:  Click through on titles to see larger versions at 365project

  Time Between Times.  along Great River Road, a bit north of Alton
- - -
 - - -

Sunset.  From one of the overlooks on the Secenic Drive above Pere Marquette Lodge
- - -
 
 Sunset and Ice.  Illinois River, in front of Pere Marquette Lodge
- - -

Least Light / Last Light, along Great River Road, a bit north of Alton
- - -

No comments: