Saturday, June 23, 2018

Paul Goddard

Today (6/23/2018) would have been Paul Goddard's 73rd birthday.

Paul Goddard (of course!) was the bass player for The Atlanta Rhythm Section.  A founding member of the band, he played with them from the 70's through the 80's, including all of their hits.  Goddard was one of the first bass players I really noticed, especially on the title track from 1975's Dog Days.  Which I can't find on Youtube!  He remains one of my favorites, probably tops on my Underappreciated bass palyers list.

I saw ARS a few times in the 70's with Paul Goddard.

 His solo on "Another man's Woman" from the 1979 live album was once rated by Rolling Stone as one of the 5 best bass solos in rock.  It runs close to 3 minutes, and is all kinds of awesome.  Check it out:



Paul Goddard died in 2014.

No comments: