Friday, June 08, 2018

What We're Going To Do Right Here Is Go Back..... Way Back... Back Into Time

"What we're gonna do right here is go back, way back, back into time.
When the only people that existed were troglodytes...
Cave men, cave women, Neanderthal, troglodytes. 

Let's take the average cave man at home, listening to his stereo.
Sometimes he'd get up, try to do his thing.
He'd begin to move, something like this,
"Dance...dance"..
Troglodyte (Cave Man) - Jimmy Castor Bunch 

Number 6 on the Billboard Chart in 1972 (#4 on the R&B Chart)

- - - - -

But that's not what I came here to talk about...
I was looking at the Blogger page and see that I've been doing this little gig since August of 2004.  Coming up on 14 years.  There's been no fame, and certainly not any fortune, but it has been a mostly fun experience.  Looking at the stats page, I see a bit over 190,000 "pageviews all time history", but the associated graph only goes back to May 2010.  That would be an average of about 65 page views a day.  Which is pathetic until compared with 13.6 page views per day last month.  Ah well, it keeps me out of trouble...  kind of.
 Sadly, I used my ISP for image hosting for the first 4 years or so, so the early years have no photos.  And for some reason (probably because there were no images) I started deleting posts a while back, so the fist couple of months are gone.  Anyway, thought I'd post a few "throwbacks" to what I was posting in June of previous years.  But then most of the early posts didn't have anything meaningful, except broken photo links.

June 8 2011 did include a "Music Birthdays" post.  You can check that one out here.  And a "This Day In Music" discussing the Top 40 for 6/8/1968.  Again, see it here.

June 8, 2012 included a music post, about Pat Benatar....

In June 2014 (June 10th) I posted a rant on public transportation that is still interesting (to me at least).


Anyway, there's not really a "so what?" here, just a little diversion.  An interesting diversion, I hope.


No comments: