Friday, July 20, 2018

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam

So...  Three weeks ago, I got a new smart-phone.  New phone, new number, clean slate.  For a variety of reasons, I have been a little slow to switch all my activities over. So, after 21 days, what does my (incoming) call log look like?

10 inbound calls;  9 are spam, and 1 is my wife.

Yep, 90% of the calls I have received have been spam.  It took about 10 days before the first one, so I'm averaging 1/day.

Now, by policy, I don't answer calls from unknown numbers.  Leave a message, I'll call you right back.  None of those 9 calls left a message.  Several of those seem to be from spoofed numbers (same area code / exchange, different last-4).

Really ticks me off, but I guess it's just the way of the world these days.

Anyway, here's "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" by Sugarloaf:




No comments: