Monday, November 12, 2018

Arlo Guthrie - 11/10/2018


So, last Saturday night, my wife and I saw Arlo Guthrie at the wonderful Wildey Theater in Edwardsville, IL.  This was his Alice’s Restaurant—Back by Popular Demand Tour, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Alice's Restaurant movie (which means the 51st anniversary of the album!).

We were a little to slow to get tickets for the original show, but I made sure to be on line the moment they started selling tickets when the announced a second show.  And we ended up with 4th row seats.  Of course, every seat in the Wildey is great (330 seats in a warm, intimate setting).

And it was a really great show.  Arlo clearly isn't a kid anymore, but he's hanging in there pretty well.  He did turn the show over to his daughter Sarah Lee for 4-5 songs before an intermission, and she was a very pleasant surprise (surprise to me, at least!).  They played a nice range of mostly older songs, including a cover of Dylan's Gates Of Eden and a couple of Woody songs.  And of course, Alice's Restaurant.

Now, I try to keep my camera down while bands are playing, but I like to try and catch a shot or two in between.  These the are from when the band came back on stage before the encore:




No comments: