Monday, January 28, 2019

You're No Good

So...  I was poking around on youtube last night.  I ended up browsing Sara Niemietz's stuff, because...  well, because I like her stuff. (Check out her "Travel Light" CD).  Anyway, I saw that she's done a version of Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good"*. 

Well, I had to give it a listen.  And now I'll recommend it to you:

You’re No Good (Linda Ronstadt) - Sara Niemietz, W.G. Snuffy Walden, Loren Gold

Really solid version, I dig it.  That said, I'm not sure the Linda Ronstadt version can be topped.  So after listening to Sara N, I had to check out Linda R.  And I found (actually re-found) an outstanding version from the old TV show Midnight Special.  With a crazed Skunk Baxter adding percussion, even.  Just ignore the horrible Jose Feliciano intro...

Linda Ronstadt - You're No Good

They're both great....



* You're No Good was written by Clint Ballard, Jr. and first hit the charts in 1963.  Linda Ronstadt's version (1975) went to #1 on the US Charts.

No comments: