Sunday, March 31, 2019

Wandering - 20190329

So...  I had last Friday off work, as I've started doing a 9x80 schedule at work.  I decided to take an explore, even though it was a grey, grey day.  I got up just after my wife, and when she left for her work, I headed up the Great River Road.  First stop, Alton.
Here's some photos, click them for larger versions:


Looking across the Mississippi from the Alton shore.  There was a pretty cool mist / fog hanging on the river, towards the Missouri River.   According to the web the river stage at Alton was 29.25ft, just over Moderate flood stage.  Heading north, the Great River Road was closed in Alton, where the river stage was about 1/2 way betweem Moderate and Major flooding.  So I turned north on Rt. 3, and worked into Pere Marquette from the back side:





This one is ETSOOI, not to far off the road in the shots above


- - - -

This shelter is only 150-200 yards off of Scenic Drive.  I 've been here once before, porbably 15 years ago.  And that time we hiked in from the Visitor's center...  probably less than a mile, but maybe 1500 ft up.  



- - -

More High water on the Illinois River, in front of Pere Marquette Lodge



- - - - -

I decided to take a longer way home, I picked a small town on the Nav and set out for Otterville, IL.  Not a lot in Otterville, but some interesting sites along the drive:



- - - - -



Anyway, it was a good day.


No comments: