Friday, April 26, 2019

Great Egret

Beautiful day today.  I managed an excursion to Watershed Nature Center, very nice after a long day of driving yesterday (Pittsburgh to St. Louis).  While there, I saw this lone Great Egret.  These photo are chronological, about 6 minutes between first and last, as I walked the trail around the pond.


I rather liked the pile of turtles off to the right.   I first saw the Egret when I arrived, but I went the other way around the trail (counter-clockwise), so it was 40 minutes or so until I got close enough to manage a shot (even with my "long" lens).  I was a little surprised that it hadn't moved during that time.  I suppose it could've left and returned, though....

- - - - -


Not to long after the top photo, a goose drifted by, and the Egret flew over closer to the Watershed's main building.  I was able to get a good bit closer, as you can tell above.

- - - - -


As I worked on around the path, and up to the side of the building I finally got too glose, and he/she decided to flow off.  If I had been more prepared, I might've gotten a better shot!

- - - - -

No comments: