Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Just Another Sunset...


Taking an after-dinner stroll with the wife, at Schon Park. This is SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera), no editing.  From my iPhone 8.

Now I'm not one of those SOOC purists, who get all indignant about anybody adjusting images using imaging processing software.  Quite the opposite, actually.  I was doing some level of tweaking back in the 70's, in my basement darkroom.  (crop / rotate / exposure / contrast adjustment).  And, though most of my editing is pretty basic, SOOC is quite rare.   if you scan my photos here (or elsewhere) you'll see more highly edited images than SOOC.  All that said:  this one is SOOC.  Taken on my phone, directly uploaded when we got back to the car.

Aside:  Maybe I'm just not following the chatter as much, but it seems there';s a lot fewer of the SOOC Purists around these days.  Back when I was active at BetterPhoto, it seems that there was a group of folks who would spend their days commenting on any photo that was obviously modified (and some that were only probably modified). 

Aside II:  If I were to do any "photoshopping" of this image, I would probably clone out that bird that is just to the right of the sun.  Distracting, that one is.

No comments: