Thursday, March 04, 2021

I'm Rich (or not...)

 So, I was glancing one of at my spam folders and saw the following message, sent from JFK International Airport <info@jfkairport.com>:

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

I received your Fund Consignment Box worth $10.5 million USD in my office and it is ready to be delivered to your home address or through bank transaction before two young men by name WILLIAM HUGES and JOHN CAMEL came with a sad news of your death, they also claim to be your relatives and they make enquiry to claim your Fund as it is their rightful inheritance. They told us that you gave them the permissions at the hospital bed to claim your money before you die we couldn't hand over your money to them until we find out that you are dead and if they are truly your sons please reconfirm with your information if you are still alive and if you know these two men . If you fail to do so , we will assume also that you're truly dead and we will be left with no other option than to hand the fund over to them .

WOW!!  $10.5 Million, and all I have to do is assure the folks at JFK Airport that I'm alive!  I should probably hurry, hurry to make sure those "young men" don't steal my money.

On the other hand, it's been 10 days since the airport sent the message, so it's certainly too late.  Oh well, huh?

- - - - -

Clearly, it is Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam....  This is a little bit of a twist, the promise that there's a lot of money physically in the USA, ready to pickup.  On the other hand,   And there's push to respond quickly, so those two imposters don't walk off with my money.  .  On the other hand, they didn't even bother to dream up some backstory as to why somebody sent me 

But wouldn't it be nice if random strangers actually sent you $10.5M?








No comments: