Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Hiker's 365 Challenge

 So... I'm trying something new this year:  Hiker's 365 Challenge.  It's a simple program, actually.  Get out and hike.  Minimum hike is 1.0 miles, and you have 365 days.  Total goal is 356 miles.  Now there's a lot of details, and some varied opinions, but the point is to get outside, to walk at least 1 mile, and to make 365 miles in a year's time.  They even have a facebook group where folks can post about thier progress.

I've been having fun with it, and not quite 6 weeks in, I'm above pace.  Almost 40% of my walks have been in and around my neighborhood, which isn't as "nature" as I'd prefer.  But you take what you can get when it's winter and the days are short.

They ask people to take a photo on the trail with the patch they sent.  I've been pretty spotty about it, but here's a few of them, just for giggles:










No comments: