Sunday, July 30, 2023

1973 In Music - July's Almost Made the Charts

 Continuing my look at songs that dropped off the charts during the month, but never made the Top 40.  And for July, I counted 18.  That's pretty much typical.

Here they are, with peak position noted:

Hey You! Get Off My Mountain - The Dramatics - 43
The Free Electric Band - Albert Hammond - 48
Love And Happiness - Earnest Jackson - 58
Letter To Lucille - Tom Jones - 60
What About Me - Anne Murray - 64
Be What You Are - The Staple Singers - 66
Shambala - B.W. Stevenson - 66
Brother's Gonna Work It Out - Willie Hutch - 67
First Cut Is The Deepest - Keith Hampshire - 70
Kids Say The Darndest Things - Tammy Wynette - 72
Avenging Annie Andy Pratt - 78
Mother-in-law - Clarence Carter - 80
I Can Make It Thru The Days (But Oh Those Lonely Nights) - Ray Charles - 81
Giving It All Away - Roger Daltrey - 83
You Always Come Back (To Hurting Me) - Johnny Rodriguez - 86
I Don't Want To Make You Wait - The Delfonics - 91
My Heart Just Keeps On Breakin' - The Chi-lites - 92
Hello Stranger - Fire And Rain - 100

I can't say there's anything here that really shocks me.  i only own one of these songs (Avenging Annie), and I wouldn't really argue for it to be a hit.


No comments: