Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New River Gorge

Some leftovers from the summer trip through WV. At least I don't think they've shown up here... These are all the New River Gorge. It had been raining for days when we got there, and the river was high. The river-rats loved it. Above is a couple of the guides, waiting for the rafts
- - - - - -

The rafts coming downstream, as seen from the little 1 lane bridge that crosses just below (a tad upstream) the iconic Rt. 19 bridge
- - - - - -

My son and younger daughter watching the rafts, while their mom pilots the minivan. This is the bridge from the top photo. There was no place to park right at the bridge....
- - - - - -

A kayaker shoots the rapid...

- - - - - -



3 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i may be a chicken, but i wouldn't want to be on that river the way it looks here.

LSqrd said...

My daughter was begging to go, but (time aside) neither her mom nor I would go with her. I would've been up for it when I was her age (17), but NOT at 46.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

at 17 i might have. i was a lot braver then, but not now and i'd have been a wreck just watching my kid do that when she was 17.

i wish i was have as brave as i was at 17, but then again, i'm just glad i made it through. ha!