Sunday, July 08, 2007

Airshow:


This weekend was the Air Show at Scott Air Force Base, just about 15 miles south of us. A great way to spend an afternoon with my son, seeing the planes, old and new, parked and flying. It's very laid back and casula, you can walk right up to (and into) the planes, and chat with the pilots and crews. I think my son's high-point was high-fiving one of the paratroopers as they headed in from the landing zone.... It’s the first time we’ve made in several years. It was hot hot hot, but worth every minute. Here’s just a few snapshots, to give you a taste.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been years since I was to an air show! Looks like lots of fun and great photos, too!

Phil

photowannabe said...

Great photos and what a wonderful memory building time together.

John Roberts said...

I love air shows. Looks like a fun weekend!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

my friend karen's brother dan is in the airforce. he flies in some of those shows and fly overs a big events and such. i've met him. i think it takes a special type of personality
to fly those things.

make me nervous to even think about being in one.

Ol' Froth said...

Love the B-25 in grounf attack configuration!