Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away

I was chatting about the experience of attending movies with a friend the other day, and Star Wars came up. Star Wars was certainly a phenomenon, a cultural landmark for folks around my age. It was early summer, between Jr. and Sr. years of high school, not long before my 17th birthday... I think was the first movie I saw at a mulitplex theater (4 theaters, IIRC!), a good 1/2 hour drive from home (out near the Monroeville Mall, later made famous in "Dawn Of The Dead"). I'm sure it was the first movie I waiting in line for, probably 30-45 minutes.

I bring it up, because I just saw that today is the 31st anniversary of the original release. And May 25th, 1977 seems like a long time ago in a (figurative) galaxy far far away.....

1 comment:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

yep, the monroeville mall. wow.