Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Computer Age

Like many folks thses days, my computer is an integral part of my work day.  Perhaps more-so, as an engineer.  So I was particularly hamstrung recently when my computer died.  For the second time in a month (and the 3rd time in 2010).
I didn't even make it to the blue-screen-of-death.  After many hours of conversation with our "PC Help" department, the bad news:  Send it back to the main office to be rebuilt.  That's 1800 miles and 2 time zones.  Even with onvernight shipping it's a 3 day glitch.  GRRRR!

Fortunately, we have a spare laptop in the office, so I wasn't completely dead in the water.  The good news is that I now have a new computer approved for the 2011 budget, and the old one (with a new hard disk) will become a "new" backup. 

Or as Neil young put it:

No comments: