Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sit Yourself Down

As a follow-up to Monday's post, I decided to add a few more images of empty chairs...  These are all from the archives.  There's more, but I think this is enough.

First off, one of my all-time favs, even 30+ years after the fact.  Taken with my trusty Canon TX, during the summer of '79.  Taken at the Duke Homestead in Durham, NC.  I had been sent there to cover a tobacco-spitting contest for the Duke Chronicle.  Which is the kind of assignment that kept me from considering a career as a photojournalist.  But I actually managed a few nice images after the "action"....  Sadly, the original negative is long gone, and all I have is a 5x7 print. 
- - -
Deserted beach at Indiana Dunes State Park . Taken 4-5 years ago while on a business trip to Burns Harbor, IN.  I swung by this park before hitting the road to drive home after completing my business.  It had rained all the previous night, and up until shortly before I arrived.  I think the "river" is simply run-noff.

- - -
Nothin' fancy, just some benches at Missouri Botanical Gardens in St. Louis.  But I kinda like it.

- - -
Title is from the Stephen Stills song, whiched reached #37 in 1971.

1 comment:

John Roberts said...

Top photo is frame-worthy!