Monday, June 27, 2011

American Top 40, June 27, 1987

June 27th, we're looking at pop music this week in 1987.  My first daughter was not quite 3 months old, I wasn’t listening to much radio… As with 1986 (yesterday) I don’t immediately recognize any of the Top 5 songs from this week in 1987…  After you-yubing, I'm pretty sure I've heart the Heart song, but that's it.


 
  1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - Whitney Houston
  2. Head To Toe - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
  3. In Too Deep - Genesis
  4. Alone - Heart
  5. Always - Atlantic Starr

But not too bad in the rest of the Top 40:

 Below the Top 40? Ugh. Seems there’s a reason I stopped listening to the radio…. Here’s two that aren't horrible:

  •  Back In The High Life - Steve Winwood #43
  • Since You've Been Gone - Outfield #60

 

 

 

No comments: