Wednesday, June 29, 2011

American Top 40, June 29, 1989

June 29, the penumtimate day of my June project, looking at the Top hits from "this week" in each year from 1961 (June 1st) through 1990 (June 30).  June of 1989, I was in the midst of discussions to take a job in the St. Louis area, and move out of Washington DC area.  That did happen, and 22 years later, we're still living in the flatlands.  So what was populay this week in 1989?

  1. Satisfied - Richard Marx
  2. I'll Be Loving You (Forever) - New Kids On The Block
  3. Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry
  4. Baby Don't Forget My Number - Milli Vanilli Dane
  5. Good Thing Fine Young - Cannibals

 Another week where I don't know ANY of the top songs.  Pretty bleak time....
 
Anything interesting in the rest of the Top 40?  How about:

  • I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty #14
  • The Doctor - Dooboe Brothers #17
  • Lay Your Hands On Me - Bon Jovi #29
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Great White #35
And in the rest of the Top 100?
  • In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel #45
  • I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi #52
  • The End Of The Innocence - Don Henley #62
  • She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Canibals #75

No comments: