Sunday, April 15, 2012

From The Archives - Deep Woods Pondering


Digging DEEP in the archives, this is one of my really early photos.  Pretty sure this is summer of 1975, a few months after I got my first SLR.  As some of you know, I was born in West Virginia, and lived there for the first 10 years of my life.  For several years after we moved to Pittsburgh, I stayed in touch with my best friend, Ned Rugeley.  Either I'd bo visit him in WV, of he'd come visit in Pittsburgh.  This photo was taken during one of those trips to WV.  

Specifically, this is in / near Beckley WV.  Ned's family had a place down there (or access to a place, I don't remember), we went down there for a couple days during one of my visits.  Naturally, we spent a good bit of time tromping around the woods, where we found this cable-and-plank bridge across a stream.  This is a staged shot, one of my earliest attempts to be "artistic"....

I haven't heard from Ned in years, beyond the occasional Christmas Card.  Since I'm horrible at getting Christmas cards out, that's faded away too.  Wonder what he's up to?

No comments: