Sunday, June 24, 2012

In Bloom (slice of life #4592)

One of the key elements of photography is "seeing".  Noticing the world around you, thinking about in terms of images.  I think of one of my favorite Ansel Adams quotes:  "Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  As well as another favorite saying, "the best camera is the one you have with you"...

Anyway, this photo was taken last week in the drive-through line at the Culvers in Fairview Heights, while I was waiting to pay for my lunch.  Taken from the car window with my humble point-n-shoot (which is held together with scottch tape):


Granted, it's not going to make anybody foreget about Ansel Adams (or any other "real" photographer).  But it pleased me to find a litle bit of "pretty" in such a mundane moment.  And to be able to record (and share) it.

No comments: