Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Something Wicked This Way Comes..... R.I.P. Ray Bradbury


Ray Bradbury passed away yesterday (6/5/2012).  I was a huge Bradbury fan as a kid, and read most everything he wrote.  From "R Is For Rocket" through "The Illustrated Man".  And of course, "Something Wicked This Way Comes"....  and don't forget "Fahrenheit 451"...  I read them all.

Dandilion Wine is a personal favorite.  As noted by an Amazon reviewer:  "Dandilion Wine is first and foremost the story of a 12 year old boy discovering that he is alive".  I was probably 11 or 12 when I first read it, and despite being set in 1928, it resonated with me in a powerful way.  I'll have to dig it out and re-read it. (re-re-re-read it?)

RIP Mr. Bradbury.  And thanks for prodding my imagination all those years ago.

No comments: