Monday, July 23, 2012

Church, Cienega de Flores, Mexico (Revisited)

In my occasional series of reposting prior images, here's one from last year.  Regualr readers know that I don't post every day.  In fact, on 7/23, I did not post in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 or 2010.  What could it mean??  (nothing). 

This is from a serires of photos found when cleaning out my parents' stuff.  After several years, I finally got around to scaning/posting them last summer.  I really need to put them all in some on-line gallery.
- - - - -

Continuing the series of  Vintage Photos, taken by my father, 60+ years ago.


"Church, Cienwga de Flores, Mexico"

- - - - - - - -

Cienega de Flores is a small town on the outskits of Monterry, MX. About 300 miles south of San Antonio. Based on "street View" in Google Maps, This church is still there:

I found a source that has it labeled as "Parroquia de San Eloy en Ciénega de Flores,N.L.", whicg Google Translate says is Parish of St. Eloy in Cienega de Flores, N.L.


"

No comments: