Friday, August 24, 2012

More Hating On The Cloud.....




You may recall my recent post about Amazon's move to force me onto their cloud.  About Amazon changing their defaults for MP3 purchases, so that new files are saved to the cloud, and NOT downloaded to my computer.  And the struggles I had to correct that "improvement".  The whole experience had me rather livid.

So you can imagine how thrilled I was to receive an email  with the following:
Your 20 GB + Cloud Player Premium Promotion subscription has ended and you are now limited to 250 imported songs in your Amazon Cloud Player library and 5 GB of free storage in Amazon Cloud Drive

Now of course, 250 songs worth of storage is pretty worthless to me.  I have rather dramatically more than 250 songs added to my iPod in 2012 alone.  And "Cloud Player Premium" would cost me $24.99 per year.  $25.year may not sound like much, but I'd rather have a could of albums of new music per year than something that I don't want and won't use.

So I'm still as irked as before.  And wondering what Amazon will come with next to try and ensure their cash flow.

Meanwhile, the photo:  Just a humble sunset, taken a few years ago from a hotel room in Spokane, Washington. 

No comments: