Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ring True

Folks who know me know that I'm not much on jewelry.  I own, but seldom wear a watch.  Other than that, nothing fancier than my wedding ring.  I think part of the reason is that I tended to beat things up on my hands....  including my hands...  (not in a fighting sense, mind you).

But twice upon a time, I did have a ring.  First, I had a High School ring for a few months, until I lost it backpacking.  Then there's this:


I bought this ring sometime in the 2nd half of college.  IIRC, I bought a similar "woman's version" for my girlfriend at the time.  I wore it for mo more than a year or two, but you can see it got pretty beat up.....  I had long forgotten it, but found it recently while doing some cleaning.  I think "pretty beat up" is rather an understatement, no?


I wonder if it's real silver, might be worth a few bucks melted down.

I should ask the old girlfriend about the other ring, we had our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday!

The title is from the Let's Active song, from the Cypress album....


No comments: