Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Top Albums of the '80's - Recap

So, we've completed the series on the Top 100 Albums of the 80's that I have the entire albums.
The final list:



Recapping: 

That's 16 albums of the Top 100, which is more than I expected.  But beyond that, there's another 17 albums that I have portions of (either through "hits" collections or the joys of per-song mp3 purchases).

These include:  Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels (#87), David Bowie - Let's Dance (#83), Van Halen - 1984 (#81), Human League - Dare (#78), Marshall Crenshaw- Marshall Crenshaw (#72), Randy Newman - Trouble In Paradise (#67), Def Leppard - Pyromania (#62), Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (melt) (#46), R.E.M. - Document (#41), ZZ Top - Eliminator (#39), Rolling Stones - Tattoo You (#34), John Lennon - Double Fantasy (#29), Guns And Roses - Appetite For Destruction (#27), Prince - 1999 (#16), Michael Jackson - Thriller (# 7), Talking Heads - Remain In Light (#4), Prince - Purple Rain (# 2)



All in all, it's not a bad collection of music.  Granted, it isn't exactly 1967....  But not so bad.

This inspired me to look at all the albums I own that were relaed in the 80's.  And I have more than I expected (just over 100).  So, I'm thinking I'll do a "Best Of The 80's" series that reflects my humble opinions, rather than the editors of Rolling Stone magazine.
Stay tuned!

No comments: