Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 1983



Twenty Nine years ago today, the girl of my dreams said "I Do".  Almost 3 decades later, and she's still putting up with me (phew!).

SO:  What were the hits that week?

  1. Maniac - Michael Sembello
  2. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - Eurythmics
  3. The Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
  4. Puttin' On The Ritz - Taco
  5. Tell Here About It - Billy Joel
I actually own the first two....  but that's all from the top 5.  Other's songs from the Top 40 that week  (that I own):

6 - Every Breath You Take - Police
15 - Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler
21 - King Of Pain - Police
23 - China Girl - David Bowie
33 - Burning Down the House - Talking Heads


There's an Elton John song called "Kiss The Bride" which was #28 the day we were married.  Guess I should Youtube it and see what it sounds like! (pause)....  OK, that wasn't worth it.  I'm just not a fan of Elton John after 1975 or so....

No comments: