Anyway, back to the 20 that didn't crack the Top 40: Which ones are most notable?
- From Me To You (1964) - Peaked at #41
- All My Loving (1964) - Peaked at #45
- Act Naturally (1965) - #47
- You Can't Do That (1964) - #48
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (1976) - #49 [Note that this was released 5 years after the band broke up]
- If I Fell (1964) - #53
- I Am The Walrus (1967) - #56
- Roll Over Beethoven (1964) - #68
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends (1978) - #71 [Again, released long after the band had broke-up]
- I'm Happy Just To Dance With You (1964) - #95
In fact, between 1/18/64 and 12/18/65, The Beatles scored Twenty Six (26) Top 40 hits. that's more than 2 per month average, over 2 years. Double wow...
* Context: I tend to put on obscure playlists in the car, and then explain them to whoever will listen. This conversation started with expoundings on "Great rock songs from 1974 that were released as singles but did not make it to the Top 40". But that's another story.