Thursday, September 18, 2014

Great Scott! - UPDATED

 
Today (9/18/2014) the folk of Scotland are vote whether to stay part of the UK, or split to be an independent country. Looks like it could be a close vote, or maybe not.  But there seems to be a lot of uncertainty as to which way it'll go. 
 
Now, I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I have seen Braveheart.   And I do like a little Scotch Whisky...  And Mr. Scott was may favorite Star Trek character.  And my family name is very "probably" of Scottish origin. [but that's another story]. 
 
So, I'll be really interested to see how they vote.  And to see what it all means if they go independent.  Either way,
 
So I'm treating myself to some pop music from Scottish performers.  Not a deep list but includes:
 
 
After that it's on to hard core: Dougie MacLean!
 
UPDATE:  By a solid marjorty (55 /45%) the Scotts have voted to remain part of Great Britain.  So God Save The Queen and all that.  So, today's playlist:  British Invasion!

No comments: