Saturday, June 25, 2016

Album Oriented....

As we close out the first 1/2 of the year, I wanted to look at some of the great albums released over the span, back in 1966 (50 years ago), 1976 (40 years ago) and 1986 (30 years ago.

I'm going to start with 1976, 'cause that was when I turned 16, and (arguably) when albums were peaking as a music form.  Not the best or most popular, but albums that impacted me (all of which I have on vinyl):

  • Blue Oyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Heart - Dreamboat Annie
  • Poco - Rose Of Cimarron
  • Ramones  -Ramones
Aside:  heart is the only one of those bands that I did not see live (and in the 70's)

Also worth noting, 2 big Greatest Hits" collections:
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle
  • Eagles:  Their Greatest Hits

Moving back to 1966.  I was just a kid, but I could still recognize great stuff when I hear it!  I did NOT own any of these in the 60's though

  • Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
  • Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds Of Silence
  • Rolling Stones - Big Hits and High Tides (Compilation)
  • Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde

And 1986, when I was all growed up, and married (but no kids yet!).  My tastes were shifting less mainstream...
  • Joe Jackson - Big World (The rock first album I had on CD)
  • Bruce Hornsby And The Range - The Way It Is
  • Peter Gabriel - So

No comments: