Monday, September 04, 2017

RIP - Walter Becker

Walter Becker, one half of the duo that defined Steely Dan, passed away yesterday (9/3/2017).
He was only 67.  I know it is natural that all these names from my youth would be passing away, as I'm pretty far from young myself.  Still sad.

I was not a huge Steely Dan fan, they always seemed a little "highbrow" when I was in my teens.  But they had some excellent music, and are they're solidly represented in my record collection.

Here's my hits and Favorites" Steely Dan playlist:

From Can't Buy A Thrill (1972)
Dirty Work
Do It Again
Midnight Cruiser

From Countdown To Ecstacy (1973)
My Old School

From Pretzel Logic (1974)
Pretzel Logic
Rikki Don't Lose The Number

Katy Lied (1975)
Black Friday

From The Royal Scam (1976)
Kid Charlemange

From Aja (1977) 
Josie
Peg


From FM Soundtrack (1978)

No comments: