Monday, November 13, 2017

Crosby Lake, St. Paul, MN


This is a rarity for me....  The image is "straight from the camera" (SOOC).  And from my iPhone, even.  Usually I some SOMETHING to every image, recrop, level...  convert to B&W.  But I decided to let this one out in its untouched glory.

Pretty cool little park I found on the way to MSP airport last week, posted to 365 project straight from my phone.

I still might do some tweaking.  I generally prefer 4x6 aspect ratio, rather than the iPhone's 3x4...  A shorter 4x6 crop could take out that distracting log in the bottom corner... but would also take out the ice (and some of the depth of the image)...  And there's a slight blue cast, and looks like some purple fringing up in the tree branches...  And the bottom left is a little dark...  And, and, and.

Or should I leave well enough alone?


No comments: