Friday, March 30, 2018

Jerry's Records Again

Another trip to Pittsburgh, and another trip to the greatest record store in the world!  As I noted last fall, Jerry's is "An amazing place, bin after bin after bin of records, along with stacks and stacks of records and all surrounded with shelves and shelves of records."  And it still is.

 Here's some photos...  It looks small from the outside, but up the stairs, it's huge!




My son and I spent ~1 hr wandering the stacks, and came up with a nice selection.    Could've stayed longer, and bought more, but.....

So, my purchases (in alphabetical order)
- - - - -


The Jags - Evening Standards.  The Jags had a "hit" in 1979 with song "Back Of My Hand".  I had (and have) on 45.  This is the 1980 album that includes the single.  I spot checked a couple songs at the store, it seems good.
- - - - -


Marshall Tucker Band - Ride Like The Wind.  I had looked for this on CD a couple of times, but never found it.  This is the last album by MTB from the 70's (this is 1979) and the only one from that decade that's not represented in my collection.  I don't know any of songs, though.
- - - - -


Original Soundtrack - FM.  From the 1978 movie.  I've had this one (CD format) on my Amazon Wishlist for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger.  Seems to me it just belongs on Vinyl though, as an homage to 1970's FM radio.
- - - - -


Original Soundtrack - More Music from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.  My son saw this on the way out, had to buy it for the album cover alone.But how can you go wrong with the topic, and "arrnaged and conducted by" Hugh Montenegro!
- - - - -


Linda Ronstadt - Living In The USA.  For some reason, I never had this 1978 release from LR.  I do have her previous 4 releases, and saw her on this tour.  And I know probably 1/2 the songs.  A solid addition, if a no risk one.
- - - - -


Sniff 'n' The Tears - The Game's Up. (sealed)  I know Sniff 'n' The Tears from their 1978 debut release "Fickel Heart", which featured the awesome song "Driver's Seat".  I bought that album (in 1978) based on the strength of the song, and the album is really solid.  But they didn't exactly go on to stardom in the US.  This is their 2nd album, I hope it is as good as the first!


My son added three albums, I can't speak to them, but he gets high marks for interesting!

Devoto Noko - Luxuria
Stark Raven - One Hundred Million Rwasons
Three O'Clock Train - Muscle In




No comments: