Monday, March 12, 2018

The One You Have With You?

So, one of the truisms I've long touted is "The best camera is the one you have with you".  In my case, I mean it as a recognition of the value of a smaller, more portable camera.  It is one of the reasons why I have a good compact digital:  a camera that fits in a shirt pocket or a briefcase.  But it has occasionally become an excuse for not using my "better" DSLR.  after all, it is larger, bulkier...  more ...  ...  ... noticeable.  Recognizing that, one of my goals in 2018 is to push myself to do more with the "good" camera.  And I'm pretty pleased with my results so far.

BUT, there are times that the compact digtal and iPhone still earn their keep.

Last weeekend we made a quick trip to Janesville, WI, and I discovered a cool nature area,  Carver-Roehl State Natural Park.  Unfortunately, the lighting was rather harsh, but I still managed to take lots of photos.  Some of which I like.  Almost all from my DSLR, but here's a few from my iPhone:






That last one is my favorite from the day.  Shot on a iPhone, processed on the phone (with a free ap: snapseed). 

I'll post some of the "real" camera images in the next day or so....  but here's a teaser:

Carver-Roehl State Natural Area #1

No comments: