Sunday, October 07, 2018

I Went Away For A While, But I'm Back Now.....

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, but we've been travelling.  The wife and I were on a road trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary:  Quilt Shops and Photo Ops!  I didn't take a computer, so posting had to wait.  I do hope y'all will forgive me.

OTOH, I have a LOT of images to plow through, so I ought to be posting a good bit in the new few days.

So, here's our route, or at least the high points.  We started with a two day run to Raleigh-Durham, NC, splitting the drive in Hillsville, VA,  Then a quick stop at Duke, where we met, courted and married.  And a visit with my daughter and her SO in Raleigh.


Then off to Charleston, SC, where we spent most of the week doing the tourist thing.  We split the drive home in Newport, TN, with a quick stop at the Folk Art Center in Asheville, NC.  And a really fun bypass on "blue highways" around Nashville.  And Quilt Shops in Summerville, SC, Dandridge, TN, Crossville, TN, Trenton, KY...  there may be a couple more, need to check w/ the wife.

We passed through 8 states:  Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.  And looking at Google maps the loop was just under 2,000 miles,   By the odometer, we only went about 250 miles more than that, but we did a ton of walking in Charleston.

So now it is back to the grind, with some great memories and lots of unprocessed photos. 

Stay tuned!

No comments: