Saturday, November 17, 2018

Hey Arnold!


So…  For those that didn’t know, I changed jobs this month.  All good, and not really of concern for readers of this blog.  Except that I have (for a little while) a longer commute, and I have lost all of my lunchtime nature-haunts from the past 11 years.

Anyway…  this week I’ve taken some time to look into some potential spots near my new office.  Sadly, there’s not a good place to walk right at the office, so some level of driving will be required.  But I’ve found a couple of interesting spots that are not too too far.  (according to Google, about 11-15 minutes each way minutes each way):

Mastodon State Historic Site - The images below are from Friday, and from Spring Branch Trail (a 0.8 mile loop).








Cliff Cave County ParkThis looks like a pretty cool place....  I've already posed a few images:  herehere and here.  I think this place will be a favorite, there's a range of opportunities.





Bee Tree County Park The furthest of the 3 from my office, and at first look, the least interesting,  But we'll see....


- - - - -

Given 1 hr for lunch, and ~30 minute drive times, I’ll have to do quick trips, but seems like some nice photo opportunities.  So, maybe you’ll see some more photos from the spots over the next month or two.  Sometime around the first of the year I’ll be moving to a new office (with this same new-to-me company) which will be much closer to home.  Much, much closer.

- - - -

Aside:  I should probably rename this site “So…  Anyway… “.  I think I use these in my narratives way too much.  But no so much that I feel a need to change…  After all, I’ve been using LSquared Imaging for over 15 years (on blogger since 2004).

No comments: