Wednesday, May 29, 2019

World's Largets Catsup Bottole


It has been a while since I posted an image of this Collinsville Landmark, but I know it is not a first.

Anyway, this is the Brooks Catsup bottle, towering above the former "manufacturing" site of Brooks Catsup.  A certified "Roadside Attraction", with its own web site. They used to have their own festival, but it ended 2017.

Of course, all of this just brings up the sticky subject of Catsup vs Ketchup.  Given that I grew up in Pittsburgh, home of H.J.Heinz, it will always be Ketchup to me.

2 comments:

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

I'm glad I clicked the link to the website where it claims this is an example of 'roadside architecture at its best'. And it says it "garners national attention and attracts visitors and tourists every day". Does it really? A new world is opened to me.

LSqrd said...

LOL... I can say this it never seems particularly crowded. Which is good, because there's not a big parking area or anything.